Working From a Home Office
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Home Offices and other Office Supply topics.
What is a good plan for creating a home office?
Whether you use your home office for paying bills or running a company, there are some basic things that are needed. Plan your home office for maximum efficiency. If your space is limited, you won't have as many choices. If you need to share space with another room, identify space that is infrequently used, such as a guest room or dining area. Decide on storage for papers, a computer and printer.
- Think of all the things that you'll need to work comfortably and efficiently in your home office.
- Have a telephone installed in the space or be sure to have a portable phone available.
- Whether you select a custom-designed cabinets and writing surface or use a small desk, this is where you'll spend the most time. Do your best to get yourself a good desk that's large enough and the right height to most comfortably do your work.
- To make the most of limited space, have shelving installed behind your desk. Books and supplies will be easy to reach.
- Select a chair that is comfortable, the right height, and provides proper back and arm support for the type of work you will be doing.
- Install a slide-out keyboard holder so that your computer keyboard is the right height for easy and comfortable use. Place your computer mouse in a place that is accessible and provide cushioning for your wrists.
- Install adjustable lighting so you can get a feel for what works for you in that space. Choose something adjustable so you can find the right level of comfort.