Features to Look for in a Small Business Phone System
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Office Equipment and other Office Supply topics.
What are some typical features of a small business phone system?
The tech world is littered with latest and greatest phone systems for small businesses to choose from. To narrow down the selection, consider the following criteria:
- Is the phone system affordable?
- Does it offer features that my company needs? (Such as voice mail, auto attendants, dial-by-name directory and call routing?)
- Is VoIP available on the system?
- Can the CEO have a remote extension for his or her cell phone?
- Can the system be installed by the customer or does the customer have to pay for installation?
These are a few of the primary considerations to factor in when purchasing a small business phone system. Many systems are complex and require a phone system room which you need to account for and also to train your employees on utilizing all the functions of the phone. Choose a dealer willing to support you through the transition and one who has a quick response time if there are technical problems with your phone system.